WHO WE ARE
TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT
In order to run our business effectively we use large well-known providers who have a stringent policy when it comes to storing data. We employ third party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the service on our behalf;
- To perform Service related services; or to assist us in analyzing how our service is used.
- Mindbody – an registration and account management platform for the fitness and wellness industry – click here to read their privacy statement
Last Updated May 2018
When someone visits bristolcityyoga.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. The information is only used in a way that doesn’t identify the user. We or Google does not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
We use this information so that we know who you are when you come to the studio and so that we can contact you if required according to your subscription preferences as outlined below. We also use this information for our own data analysis. We will not share any of this information with any other companies or organisations.
When you make a purchase in studio you will be given the option to store your billing information, but when you make a purchase through our website or the Mindbody app your billing information is automatically stored in our Mindbody system.
Mindbody is a secure system who are GDPR and PCI level 1 compliant. BCY staff cannot access your billing details, we can only view the last 4 digits of your card number and the expiry date – so your billing information is safe. We would never pass any of this information to other companies or organisations.
You can update this billing information at any time by logging into your mindbody account, using this link on a desktop computer. On the ‘My Info’ tab go to ‘Profile’, then edit your billing information in the middle column.
Without subscribing to any communications from BCY you can request to receive the following operational emails from us:
- Notification of failed automatic payments - on monthly plans only
- Appointment (one to one) confirmations - if requested
- Reset login information - if requested
- Purchase receipts - if requested
- Gift Card Delivery notification – if purchased
- Your schedule - if requested
Requesting any of these operational emails will not affect your subscription preferences, you will need to request the operational email each time you would like to receive one.
Email Reminders and Notifications
When you sign up you will be asked if you would like to opt – in to receive email reminders and notifications. If you will be regularly attending BCY then we would suggest signing up to receive these reminders and notifications , without this level of subscription BCY cannot contact you about any changes to your bookings such as a class or workshop cancellation.
As part of this optional level of subscription you will receive automatic emails generated by Mindbody including:
Account Management - Notifications regarding your contracts or auto pays (monthly plans only) such as:
- Autopay purchase confirmation
- Contract confirmation
- Automatic payment method expiration
- Contract reminders
- Contract renewal notifications
Schedule Updates - Notifications regarding the services you have booked (includes classes, courses, workshops, appointments and events) such as:
- Booking confirmations
- Booking cancellations
- Payment plan confirmations
- Booking amendments and notifications
- Any other essential information relating to your booking
You do have the option to unsubscribe from or subscribe to either account management or schedule updates separately.
You are welcome to unsubscribe from email reminders and notifications, or to separately subscribe to or unsubscribe from account management or schedule updates.
You submit a request to change your subscription preferences by:
- Using this link to login to your BCY account on a desktop computer, on the ‘My Info’ tab go to ‘Profile’, then select the ‘data options’ link at the very bottom of the page.
- Click the unsubscribe/set preferences links at the bottom of any BCY automatic email.
Newsletters and Promotions
You will also be given the option to sign up to newsletters and promotions when you sign up to Bristol City Yoga, and you can update this subscription at any time. If you subscribe to newsletters and promotions then your details will be shared with Constant Contact - see the mailing list section below for more information.
In addition, you will receive automated promotional emails from our Mindbody system including:
- New client welcome email
- Class pass time running out notification
- Class pass visits remaining low notification
As part of the registration process for our monthly e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about classes or events you’ve asked us to tell you about or anything you’d be interested in like promotions and events.
We don't rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use an email platform provider, Constant Contact, to deliver our newsletter. This third party company is synced to your Mind Body account and so whenever you update your communications preferences it will be linked to how you will hear from us.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer Lizzie Packham at [email protected]ristolcityyoga.co.uk.
If you would like to be ‘forgotten’ and for BCY to remove all data that we hold about you, or if you would like to be sent an email copy of all data that we hold then either:
- Use this link to login to your BCY account on a desktop computer, on the ‘My Info’ tab go to ‘Profile’, then select the ‘data options’ link at the very bottom of the page.
- Click the unsubscribe/set preferences links at the bottom of any BCY automatic email follow the steps shown.