In a culture that celebrates and rewards busy-ness, productivity and efficiency, we find ourselves feeling over-worked, over-stressed and over-tired. To succeed in a man’s world often means suppressing and rejecting our feminine needs, which over time takes away for our true sense of who we really are. We may be materially successful yet feel disconnected, lacking or unfulfilled.
These feelings are most likely to be felt in the second half of the menstrual cycle (the pre-menstrual phase) or in the stages of peri-menopause/menopause, but the longer we have suppressed our feminine nature, the more likely feelings of anger, irritability and weakness can show up at any time in our lives or even become permanent visitors! Rather than trying to ‘cure’ or ‘fix’ anything, this workshop looks to flip the associations of the pre-menstruum, peri-menopause and menopause and to instead look at the dream-state and wisdom that this second half of the cycle reflects.
In this workshop we will:
- Introduce how each month we have the opportunity to meet our wisdom by seeing our full range of emotional experiences as a gift, not a curse
- Understand why paying attention to our ‘inner lives’ is just as important as maintaining our external lives
- Discover how to control our body temperature through breath – very helpful in the hot flushes stages of menopause
- Bring balance back through calming and meditative pranayama
Build our awareness to develop what it really mean to be kind to ourselves and others
- Find deep-to-the-bone rest through yoga nidra
Reconnect with our feminine nature to find our vision
This workshop is for all women. You do not have yoga experience, or have a menstrual cycle or a womb to benefit; to be interested in living a fulfilled, creative, empowered life and to connect with the women around you is all that is need!