Prepare for the birth of your baby with a one-off Birth Preparation workshop at Bristol City Yoga where a highly qualified teacher will prepare you and your birth partner for labour.
You will be guided through an improvised “birth” learning practical tools for each stage of the birth. Learn how to create an environment in which you and your partner will feel relaxed, which will promote the release of positive hormones- thereby making the birth more comfortable.
You will explore ways to create a positive, calm birth experience for you and your baby. Birth partners will be given the opportunity to work through their role in creating and protecting a positive environment and will feel more confident about the birth. Sessions are taught in a down to earth, friendly way.
Group birth preparation sessions are £60 for you and your birth partner.
Birth Preparation Techniques
We will run through practical birthing tools for both partners during each stage of labour, such as:
- Breathing and relaxation practices
- Positive visualisations and affirmations
- Optimal positions for labour
- Supportive acupressure and massage techniques
- How to use/ move in the birthing pool
- How to stay calm and focused during a more complex birth
- This is also a space for you to ask questions and voice any worries or uncertainties you may have.
- You will be given notes that contains all the information we covered during the workshop. Sessions typically happen at the weekend, please check our workshops page for more information.
“It was more helpful than I could have imagined, during the birth I was able to be really supportive both physically and emotionally, rather than an observer”
One to One Birth Preparation Sessions
Some expectant parents and their birth partners prefer to have their own Birth Preparation session which can take place either in our studio, or at home.
Though one to one sessions you can tailor a session to suit you. The sessions last 90 minutes, allowing for time to move through the postures and breathing that will facilitate a more comfortable labour. Moreover, this session can be adapted for those who are going into a monitored birthing situation, or preparing for a Caesarian birth.
Interested in signing up to a One to One Birth Preparation Session? Visit our contact page where you can email us directly or give us a call to find out more information.
Sessions for you and your birth partner at our studio cost £70 for 90 minutes, or £90 if you prefer to have a 2 – hour session. If you would like a session at home there will be an extra fee for travel and equipment if required.