Application deadline extended to Friday 11th August 2017. We have a few places remaining on this course. Please get in touch as soon as possible to reserve your place and start your yoga teaching journey!
BCY has offered its teacher training course since 2009 and we have developed an enviable reputation for offering one of the UK’s best Yoga teacher training courses. Whether you’re looking for a new career, or to deepen your understanding of Yoga and your own practice then our 200 hour course is a great place to start.
Our teacher training course has met the stringent requirements set by Yoga Alliance Professionals. Our graduates are trained to the highest standard and are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance Professionals. Our course offers a broad philosophical framework for study, but also delves into the nitty gritty of detailed asana.
We support you in the development of your own practice. This is not limited to asana, and includes pranayama, meditation and engagement with yoga teachings which are relevant today and which offer the possibility for ongoing personal transformation.
We recognise that it is from your own experience that you will be able to offer authentic yoga teaching, and so encourage you to continually apply yourself to the life and work of yoga. You will have plenty of opportunities to practice teaching and communication; it is one thing to be adept at asana, but quite another to communicate the wonders of yoga through a yoga class!
This course has been truly transformational for me, and is the best decision I’ve made for a while. I have learned so much, worked so hard, and loved every second of it! I cannot thank Laura enough for the wisdom that she has imparted over the last 9 months. This course will not only help you become a registered yoga teacher, but also offers an insight into yourself and your own practice in a way that was unexpected for me. Our group has bonded through our yoga journey and I am grateful to have met such lovely people.
–Victoria, 200hr teacher trainee
The Yoga Teaching Certificate (Level 1) will teach you the following skills:
- You will develop your own asana, pranayama and meditation practice
- Anatomy and physiology with specific reference to Yoga breathing and asana
- How to instruct beginners safely with attention to alignment
- How to sequence classes that are suitable for beginners/intermediate students
- You will plan and teach 6 yoga classes with the support of the course teachers
- You will be introduced to key texts with a wealth of teachings for personal reflection and sharing with students
- A focus on how to teach well through verbal instruction, demonstration and hands on adjustments
- Ethics – how to embody the teachings of yoga
- How to teach from your own experience
The course consists of eleven 2 day weekend modules *(2 sessions will be held over a Friday & Saturday and the last module is 3 days from Friday to Sunday)), plus an assessment day and final urban retreat weekend, usually spread over a period of 12 months.
Course dates ; 2nd & 3rd of September 2017, 30th Sept & 1st of Oct 2017, 18th & 19th Nov 2017, 15th & 16th Dec (Fri & Sat) 2017, 3rd & 4th Feb 2018, 3rd & 4th March 2018, 6th & 7th April 2018 (Fri & Sat), 19th & 20th May 2018, 23rd & 24th June 2018, 28th & 29th July 2018, 24th, 25th & 26th Aug 2018 (Fri, Sat & Sun).
- The group size allows for personal development in a safe, supportive environment
- Tutor groups to support you in your choice of final essay
- Continuous assessment through written course work and practical final assessments
- Retreat weekend to help digest and embody all your learning!
- Ongoing assessment to support the learning process.
- A comprehensive manual to accompany the course
- Our 500 hour diploma course and intensives offer the perfect opportunity for ongoing learning experience.
We ask that students have been practising for a minimum of three years with a studio or teacher. If you are unsure about your eligibility for the course, please get in contact before applying and we’ll arrange for a meeting to see if this course would best suit your needs.
You can apply for the course by clicking on the book now button and completing the enrolment form. You may be invited to the studio to meet with our teachers.
An application fee of £20 is applicable. If you have not been successful in your application £20 will be deducted from your deposit.
The application deadline for the course is Friday 11th August 2017.
You can pay the course in full or through agreed instalments, there will be no extra surcharge for paying this way.
No refunds, credits or transfers are available on cancellation of the course prior to, during or after the start date.Please be aware that once you have commenced the teacher training course with us you are in a contractual agreement to pay ALL of the course fees, regardless of whether you decide to complete the course or not.
In extenuating circumstances courses can be deferred until a later date and a 10% deferral fee will be charged.
Getting to Bristol is very easy, more information can be found on our Contact page.
If you have any queries please contact us on 07828 202203 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Other courses you might like
Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate . The course complies with the Yoga Alliance Professionals insurance requirements for yoga teachers.
Teacher Training Mailing List
If you would like to be kept up to date with all the latest event, course start dates and information about all Teacher Training at Bristol City Yoga please sign up here