Yoga and Stress
Stress is a part of everyday life, and in appropriate amounts, can even be good us. However if we are subjected to stress over a sustained period of time, it can begin to affect our mental and physical health.
Due to our over-stimulation society and culture of “busy-ness”, many of us are living in a state of constant ‘fight or flight’, which overtime can weaken our overall wellbeing. Signs of an overworked nervous system include:
- Inability to switch off (i.e. checking emails before bed)
- Reliance on sugar/caffeine/alcohol to “keep going” or as a way to relax
- Obsessive thinking about the past or future
- Rushing around or pushing ourselves too hard, even when we feel tired
- Feelings of exhaustion, panic or being overwhelmed
- Constant worrying
- Memory problems
- Decreased libido
- Aches and pains
- Nail biting and pacing
- Inability to concentrate
Join Mel for an exploration into what it takes to explore active rest, and journey back to your true sense of being, which is one of balance, peace and equanimity.