A one-off workshop designed to prepare women and birth partners for labour.
You will be guided through an improvised birth – learning practical tools for each stage of the birth.
We will discuss what sort of environment a labouring woman needs to release positive hormones so that the birth will be more comfortable, and will explore ways to create this environment and a more positive, calm birth experience. Additionally we will consider the role of the partner in creating and protecting this positive environment. Sessions are taught in a down to earth, friendly way.
We will run through practical birthing tools for both partners during each stage of labour, such as:
- Breathing and relaxation practices
- Positive visualisations and affirmations
- Optimal positions for labour
- Supportive acupressure and massage techniques
- How to use/ move in the birthing pool
- How to stay calm and focused during a more complex birth
- This is also a space for you to ask questions and voice any worries or uncertainties you may have.
You will be given notes that contains all the information we covered during the workshop.
Please bring a pregnancy/fitness ball and a sheet or towel to cover it.
Light refreshments will be provided